At SE Career College, your privacy is important to us. To help you understand how SE Career College protects students and clients’ confidential personal/health information, we have developed the following Personal/Health Information Privacy Commitment document. This Privacy Commitment is SE Career College’s commitment to you, as a valued client and student, that we will protect your personal/health information by adhering to the following principles:
- SE Career College staff will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information you share with us.
- SE Career College will limit the collection, use and disclosure of client/student information to what is necessary to deliver comprehensive educational services.
- SE Career College will only permit its authorized employees – those who are either providing direct educational material or providing administrative support – to have access to client/student information. In summary, only those staff who have a need to know or a right to know will have access to client information. This will apply to information in all forms – client/student paper files, administrative forms, and electronically-based information.
- All SE Career College employees will sign an individual confidentiality and privacy commitment upon employment. This commitment will be reviewed on a regular basis. All employees will undergo rigorous privacy education and regularly review privacy policies and procedures. Employees who violate our Privacy Commitment will be subject to our normal performance management process.
- SE Career College will not reveal client/student information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the client/student in disclosures or agreements, have been authorized by the client/student, or are required to do so by law.
- Whenever SE Career College hires other organizations to provide support services, they will be required to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
- SE Career College will not use or share – internally or externally – personally identifiable medical information for any purpose other than the provision or administration of a client/student’s education account, or as disclosed to the client/student when the information is collected, or to which the client/student consents.
- SE Career College will strive to keep all client files complete, up-to-date and accurate. We will advise clients/students how and where to conveniently access their personal record information and how to notify us of errors, which will be promptly corrected.
- SE Career College has appointed a Privacy Officer to oversee, monitor and report all client privacy issues and concerns. You may contact the privacy officer at:
90 Allstate Parkway, Suite 300
Markham, Ontario L3R 6H3